GFJC’s Intermediate Crime Scene Investigation online course goes beyond basic skills to cover situations investigators don’t see every day. Provides expanded skills and knowledge for investigators, students interested in pursuing forensic science, corrections agencies, death investigators, tribal agencies and anyone interested in more advanced evidence collection techniques.
This course takes approximately 16 hours to complete at your own pace. Users have access to the course for 60 days. A certificate of completion will be issued to students successfully completing the course (75% assessment score).
Some of the most popular Intermediate CSI skills featured in this course are:
- Casting footwear impressions under water
- Lifting fingerprints from skin
- Bloodstain/Blood Pattern Analysis documentation
- Footwear and Tire Track measurement and photography
- The course even includes do-it-yourself experiment ideas to help students or agency teams practice new skills
Intermediate Crime Scene Investigation modules:
- Course overview
- Specialized evidence recovery techniques
- Field testing procedures
- Specialized documentation
- Forensic light source techniques
- Evidence submission and analysis techniques
- Case studies (Evidence prioritization concepts)
- Scenario-based knowledge check
More than 500 professionals have taken this course. A pre-test helps students evaluate their improvement.
For groups of 10 or more, contact firstname.lastname@example.org for discount pricing.
Looking for something more basic? Check out GFJC’s Intro to CSI online course.
After purchasing, you will be contacted within one (1) business day with your personal log-in credentials to begin Intermediate Crime Scene Investigation. Payments can be made via credit card or check. Need an invoice for your agency? Contact email@example.com
Users will need a computer with Internet access. Modules may also contain:
- Microsoft Word, Excel or PowerPoint documents
- Adobe PDF documents
- Video or animations
NOTE: Tablets and mobile devices may not allow course content to function fully.
- For technical assistance or to purchase course access for an agency or group, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
All sales subject to GFJC@FIU online course terms and conditions.
All or some of the projects listed were fully or partially funded through grants from the Bureau of Justice Assistance, the National Institute of Justice, the Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention, Office of Justice Programs, and/or the US Dept. of Justice. Neither the US Dept. of Justice nor any of its components operate, control, are responsible for, or necessarily endorse this website (including, without limitation, its content, technical infrastructure, and policies, and any services or tools provided).