Attendees will be able to identify the specific tasks required to analyze the DNA profile of a law enforcement case, how to prioritize the best cousin matches to your case, along with practice exercises building a private family tree which will lead to the identification of an investigative lead. Students will also be exposed to more than a dozen advanced tools which will assist them with their difficult cases.
This training includes a discussion of the ethical situations you may be faced with. Communication with matches and with your law enforcement agency will be covered in discussions about best practices to protect the privacy of your work product.
We will be supplementing our studies with excerpts from the book Research Like a Pro with DNA by Diana Elder, Nicole Dyer, and Robin Wirthlin. Their book is aimed at persons researching their personal matches at all DNA websites, some of which law enforcement cannot access. The concepts contained in their book are still relevant to the work we do. Many of the matches to our law enforcement kits will have tested at Ancestry.com or 23andMe.com and understanding those sites and their results will be beneficial.
- July 11-15, 2022 – Denver, CO SOLD OUT
- September 19-23, 2022 – Denver, CO SOLD OUT
- October 17-21, 2022 – Denver, CO SOLD OUT
- November 28-December 2, 2022 – Denver, CO SOLD OUT
- January 23-27, 2023 – Denver CO SOLD OUT
- February 6-10, 2023 – Largo, FL SOLD OUT
- April 17-21, 2023 – Denver, CO Register here
- June 12-16, 2023 – Denver, CO Register here