November 28-December 2, 2022
Join forensic genetic genealogy experts for this week-long, in-person intensive training in Denver, Colorado.
The class will also tour the state-of-the-art Denver Crime Lab.
- Day 1: Introduction to DNA terminology and GEDmatch.com Overview; Terms of Service for DNA websites
- Day 2: GEDmatch.com Matches, Genetic Groups, DNA Painter
- Day 3: Genealogy Basics – Introduction to Ancestry.com, Tree Building for Law Enforcement; Research, Genealogy Standards
- Day 4: Genealogy for Use by Law Enforcement (Ownership, Back-Up, WayPoints, Most Recent Common Ancestors, Quick & Dirty Trees)
- Day 5: Matches from FamilyTreeDNA.com; Genetic Affairs, WATO, Investigative Leads
- Ancestry.com membership
- Newspapers.com membership
- Tier 1 GEDmatch.com membership
- Book: Research Like a Pro with DNA (book or Kindle)
- Familiarity with Excel or Google Sheets
- Computer programs: Family Tree Maker (current version) and Legacy Family Tree (current version) installed on your computer; DNAGEDcom.com client installed on your computer
- Chrome Extension: One2Tree
- Joan Hanlon